Signicast Family Aquatic Center
Located within the Hartford Recreation Center, the Signicast Family Aquatic Center offers swimming lessons for all ages, lap swimming, open swim, water aerobics, water walking and much more!
- 3 Lap Lanes (25 yds length)
- Large Water Slide
- Zero Depth Entry & 5 ft. Maximum Depth
- Spray Water Features
- Shower & Locker Room Facilities
- Separate Warm Water Pool (4 ft. Maximum Depth)
The Hartford Parks & Recreation Department offers youth swimming lessons year round for ages 6 months and older. The "Learn to Swim" lesson program is conducted by the American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructors and is designed to teach swimming skills and to promote and develop a positive and safe atmosphere around water. Participants must bring their own suit and towel. Schedules and more information can be found in our current activity guide.
SWIM LESSON UPDATE – It is now OPTIONAL, no longer required, to have a parent (someone 16+) in the water for Levels 1, Turtle, Dolphin and Sunfish. All classes (besides Polliwog and Guppy) will return to Instructor hands on learning. It is at the discretion of the parent if they want to be in the water to do the hands on learning.
- Swim Level Descriptions
- Swim Lesson Schedule
- Special Adaptive Swimming Lessons
- Swim Level Prerequisites
The Hartford Parks & Recreation Center also offers daytime weekday swimming lessons at The Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center.
- Children 7 and younger must be accompanied by an adult or appointed guardian (16 years or older) and must stay within arms length of the child. The ration of 7 and under child is 2:1.
- You must be 48" or taller to use the slide. Parents are not allowed to ride with a child. Eye glasses or life jackets are not allowed when going down the slide.
- Water toys may be allowed but subject to lifeguard approval.
- Those wishing to observe can do so from the observation area on the second floor.
- Swim diapers only. No regular disposable diapers or cloth diapers allowed.
- No towel service, must bring your own.
- Quarter activated lockers available to use.
- Street shoes are not allowed in the pool.